With thanks for broad individual and community support, the PICOR Charitable Foundation (“PCF”) raised and donated nearly $79,000 in its 2019 cycle, 10% more than the previous high mark. With all event costs underwritten by in-kind community partners and PICOR corporate funds, 100% of the funds raised through the 25th Annual Pancake Feed were granted to Tucson-area youth charities. PCF is especially grateful for its capstone contributor, Burton Family Foundation, who doubled their commitment in 2019.
Per tradition, PICOR employees, family members and friends of the firm cooked and served pancakes and sausages for 1,600 visitors, alongside Starbucks Arizona’s willing volunteers.
After the event, PCF’s volunteer committee reviewed 65 grant applications totaling $159,000 in funding requests and selected 42 Tucson-area programs for underserved youth to receive 2019 grants.
PCF aims to reach organizations which generally receive less public support, with an emphasis on basic needs. Chosen charities support vulnerable young people with therapies, literacy, clothing, arts exposure, skill building, a path to higher education, and more. Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 were awarded to:
- Act One
- Amphitheater Public Schools Foundation
- Angel Heart Pajama Project (AHPP)
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
- Arizona Theatre Company
- Arizona Youth Partnership
- Assistance League of Tucson
- Autism Society of Southern Arizona (ASSA)
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Tucson
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation So AZ
- Devereux Foundation dba Advanced Behavioral Health Arizona
- Diaper Bank of Southern Arizona
- Earn to Learn
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- El Rio Health Center Foundation
- Free Ever After International dba Masterpiece Mentorship Program
- Gabriel’s Angels
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- Grace Hearing Center
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- Jobs for Arizona’s Graduates
- Keeling Elementary (Amphi School District)
- Literacy Connects
- Make Way for Books
- More than a Bed
- Our Family Services
- Parent Aid Child Abuse Prevention Center, Inc.
- Primavera Foundation
- Project Linus
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona
- The Salvation Army
- Southern Arizona Children’s Advocacy Center
- Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT)
- Tucson Festival of Books – Creative Arts Teen Summit
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Tu Nidito Children & Family Services
- YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Youth Corps of America
- Youth on their Own
Three STEM-specific “Ken Nickel Memorial Grants” were matched by a $3,000 grant from Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR’s corporate support to Helen Keeling Elementary, San Miguel High School, and the Sunnyside USD Foundation.
To donate or apply for funds in our 2020 cycle, please visit our PICOR Charitable Foundation webpage.